Clobotics is a five-year-old company founded by former Microsoft executives with offices in Seattle, Shanghai, and Denmark. Our customers are the largest companies in the global retail and wind industries, and we serve them by developing some of the world’s most advanced computer vision-based solutions. Our solutions use drones and Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices to capture images and cloud-based artificial intelligence to analyze those images and generate business insights and recommendations. The company has raised over $50 million of venture capital since its founding and inspected over 15,000 wind turbines worldwide using its state-of-the-art visual blade inspection system. We hire people who love challenges and are talented, passionate, and dedicated to achieving our mission which is to digitalize, analyze, automate, and predict to empower our customers. See Clobotics.com for more information.
Clobotics Wind Services is looking for a full-time Director of Business Development to help grow our business in North America and help make wind power more cost competitive. The work location is flexible to any part of North America with a preference for the Seattle area.
This position will work closely with the Managing Director and a Business Development Manager to:
- Build the North American deal pipeline for Clobotics’ blade inspection offering
- Identify and research high potential customers and build account plans and strategies for each
- Present the company and our inspection offering to potential customers and partners
- Negotiate deals to win business and maximize revenue for the company
- Represent the company at industry conferences and events
- Work closely with marketing and the product team to ensure the company has the product and messaging to ensure success with customers
- Hire and manage staff as the business grows
- At least five years of work experience post college, including experience and contacts in the North American wind industry
- Previous sales or business development experience
- Confident engaging with clients at all levels, building strong relationships and communicating effectively from initial inquiry to project completion
- Capable and comfortable presenting / pitching new technologies
- Flexible, energetic, with a strong sense of entrepreneurship, able to fend for oneself and accomplish tasks without a big support infrastructure
- Willingness to travel as much as needed, as pandemic conditions allow
- Interest in broader general management roles
- Experience/contacts in the Operations & Maintenance part of the wind industry
- Broader experience and training in business (MBA or General Management experience)
Compensation will be competitive and include salary, stock and performance-based bonuses/commissions.
Please email email@example.com with questions or to submit your resume.